Learn to teach
The Early Childhood Education and Care program prepares students for employment in child care and early education careers.
Students receive instruction in the operation of a licensed preschool for children ages birth through five years.
- Child care center teacher assistant
- Family and home child care provider
- Preschool assistant
- Elementary teacher assistant
- Infant/toddler teacher assistant
Pre school educators
- Communicate with children
- Write lesson plans
- Conduct field trips
- Care for special needs children
- Provide guidance for young children
- Communicate with parents
- Plan and implement activities for toddlers and preschoolers
- Present language arts activities for children
- Identifying social service agencies
- Prepare snacks and meals for young children
A growing field
“Employment of child care workers is projected to increase by 18 percent between 2006 and 2016. Child care workers will have a very large number of new jobs arise, almost 248,000, over the projected decade."