Logan Billing, Financial Aid Coordinator
Bev Schroedel, Financial Aid
Upper Valley Career Center Adult Division
Upper Valley Applied Technology Center
8901 Looney Road
Piqua, Ohio 45356
Financial aid may help pay for your education. Many adults are surprised and delighted to discover they qualify for a tuition assistance plan. Most Career Development programs offered at Upper Valley Career Center qualify for federal financial aid. The Upper Valley Career Center also participates in the Ohio Rehabilitation Service Grants, the Workforce Investment Act, Veteran’s Benefits, job training funds, and other funding programs.
PELL Grant: Grants are awarded by the federal government based on FAFSA results. PELL Grants do not have to be paid back. PELL Grants are available to Career Development students only.
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) you will need the items below - then go to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Items needed for the next school year (2012-2013)
- Your 2012 federal income tax information (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ)
- If you are unable to locate copies, you can contact the person who prepared your taxes or call 1-800-829-1040 and request a copy of the transcript of tax return.
- 2012 W-2s for both you and your spouse, if married.
- If you or your spouse paid or received child support
- A Payment History Report printout from the Child Support Enforcement Agency for the period from 1/1/2011 through 12/1/2012
- Your driver’s license number
- Total current balance of cash, savings, and checking for you and your spouse
- Net worth of investments – stocks, bonds, mutual funds, trust funds, etc.
- Net worth of business and/or investment farm
Upper Valley Career Center Federal School Code is 014058.
If you were born after 1/1/1989, you may need the above information for your parents, also.
It has never been easier to complete your FAFSA online! Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Other funding options...
- Stafford Loan: This need-based loan is available to LPN students only. The Stafford Loan offers a reduced interest rate and delayed repayment plan.
- PLUS Loan: This is a need-based loan available to parents of dependent LPN Students. It is made in the parent's name. Repayment begins within 60 days after the last disbursement.
- Shelby County Grant: The opportunity is available for residents of Shelby County. Like other grants, it does not have to be repaid.
- Upper Valley Career Center Scholarship: This scholarship is for any Upper Valley Career Center Adult Career Development program. It is available to one senior from each of the 14 participating school districts annually within the first year following graduation.
- Practical Nursing Scholarship: This scholarship is available to LPN students only.
- Company Incentive Programs: Contact your Human Resource Department.
- Work: Our training is in flexible schedules to assist busy, employed adults.
- Available Tax Credits: These options can vary each tax year. Please visit www.irs.gov for current information.
Calculate the cost of education.
Net Price Calculator
In accordance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008
, Upper Valley Career Center provides the net price calculator
to help parents and students determine the cost of post secondary education. The intent of this federal initiative is to ensure students and their families have the tools needed to manage their financial expectations early in their quest for higher education.
Similar Areas of Interest
How to Enroll - Enrollment Packet download is now available. Additional paperwork will be required.