Financial Aid

Many adult students enrolled in full-time training programs at the Upper Valley Career Center qualify for some type of student aid that covers the cost of some or all tuition, fees, and education expenses. Typically, a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to initiate the financial aid process.

Financial Aid Process

  1. Before completing the FAFSA, apply for your Personal identification Number (PIN) online at You will use this number to sign and submit the FAFSA. This number will also be used to sign in to other federal student aid websites.
  2. Complete the FAFSA online at The federal school code for the Upper Valley Career Center is 014058.
    • For the 2013-2014 year, you and (if applicable) your parent(s) will need: PIN Numbers, Social Security Numbers, and 2012 Federal Income Tax Returns. Additional financial documentation may be needed. Further instructions for completing the FAFSA can be found at the following website:
  3. Schedule an appointment with Logan Billing, Financial Aid Specialist, once your FAFSA has been signed and submitted. The loan request process will be discussed at your appointment.
  4. An award letter will be mailed once your financial aid eligibility has been reviewed.

2013-2014 Documents/Links

Funding Sources

Types of Financial Aid


Federal Direct Loan Request Form

Direct Loan Entrance Counseling

Direct Loan Master Promissory Note

Federal Direct Exit Loan Counseling

In School Deferment Form



13/14 Adult Education Student Handbook

National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) - Student access to Government system for loan and Pell information

Campus Security Report

Verification Worksheets                          

V1 Standard Verification

V2 SNAP Verification

V3 Child Support Paid Verification

V4 Custom Verification

V5 Aggregate Verification


Net Price Calculator     

Gainful Employment Disclosures

Cost of Attendance




Finacial Aid Counselorg

Logan Billing, Financial Aid Specialist







Office Hours: By Appointment

Upper Valley Career Center
Adult Technology Center
8901 Looney Road
Piqua, Ohio 45356