Upper Valley Career Center makes the grade in state report
For the first time, Ohio’s career centers are receiving a district report card issued by the state of Ohio. The document is a compilation of the performance of students enrolled in career and technical programs – both on-campus at Upper Valley Career Center and in our associate school districts: Anna, Botkins, Bradford, Covington, Fairlawn, Fort Loramie, Hardin-Houston, Jackson Center, Newton, Piqua, Russia, Sidney and Troy.
Our report card indicates that Upper Valley Career Center
- Met all eight of the benchmarks established by the United States Office of Education
- Earned an “A” on the Four Year Graduation Rate
- Earned an “A” on the Five Year Graduation Rate
- Earned a “B” on the post program outcomes measure – i.e. the percentage of our students who are employed, in the military, and/or in college or other post-secondary programs such as apprenticeships within 6 months after graduation
- Spent 72.7% of its dollars on instruction which is above the state average.
|Dr. Nancy Luce, Superintendent|
To learn more about the high school experience CLICK HERE. Life-long learning achieves results on the job and paves the way for long-term career and personal success. Why wait when you can begin today? Upper Valley Career Center main campus is located in Piqua, Ohio. In addition to the main campus, there are several Adult Division facilities:
Applied Technology Center - North of Main Campus
Garbry Conference and Learning Center - E. St. Rt. 36
Health Science Center - Main Campus